Thursday 19 September 2019

Q: Are the speaking and listening tests difficult for you?
In my opinion, I think that listening part is easier than the speaking part. As for why, that is mainly because after a month of training, my listening skill has been enhanced to a higher level. However, I still have some obstacles in the speaking part since I don't have a lot of opportunities to speak in English. Hence, I have few chances to improve my pronunciation.

Q:What are the challenges you often face when you listen and speak in English?
In the listening part, the thing which is most challenging to me is to translate what I just listened. I have few seconds to translate the sentence. Most importantly, sometimes we might meet some words that we don't familiar with. As  a consequence, it becomes harder when we try to understand the next part.
In the speaking part, I hold the opinion that students in Taiwan lack of way to refine their speaking. For example, I can just record what I said when I was training my speaking ability for the reason that I have no money to go to a tutor school. And then I listen to what I just said so that I can make some adjustment to my speaking.

2 comments:

  1. Most Taiwanese students lack the environment to train their English speaking ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lagnuage suggestions:
    1. In my opinion, I think that listening part is easier than the speaking part. => "In my opinion" & "I think" are the same. Remove one of them will be better.
    2. Most importantly, sometimes we might meet some words that we don't familiar with. As a consequence, it becomes harder when we try to understand the next part.=> be familiar with
    3. In the speaking part, I hold the opinion that students in Taiwan lack of way to refine their speaking. => About speaking, most students in Taiwan.... (remove the words "I hold the opinionn that" to make the sentence more conscise.

    ReplyDelete

What makes a good life?

View on Vocaroo >> First of all, the main point of the Harvard study is to find out what exactly make people happy and healthy. ...